Green leafy plant. The leaves have a peppery taste and add interest to sandwiches and fresh salads. Likes rich well composted, friable soil and needs plenty of water.
Use the pleasant, peppery, nutty flavor of Rocket leaves with:
• Salads, Sandwiches, Sauces, Soups, Stir fries, Tomatoes.
• Lightly steamed as a vegetable or with other vegetables.
• Add leaves to the end of the cooking process to retain flavor.
Rocket may be beneficial in the following cases:
• Include in the diet as a green vegetable for vitamin and mineral supply.
• Once used in cough syrup.